PMC Associates, Oceus, Hughes and Mutualink Partner to Share Real-World FirstNet Experience
WASHINGTON, August 10, 2015
• At APCO 2015, PMC Associates, Oceus Networks, Hughes and Mutualink are partnering to demonstrate their collaboration on the JerseyNet public safety LTE deployment.
• A first-in-the-nation public safety broadband network utilizing deployable 4G LTE nodes, JerseyNet facilitates secure and reliable multimedia communications in both densely populated and rural locations for emergency response situations, as well as planned large-scale public gatherings.
• As active participants in the JerseyNet project, these companies will share collaboration and implementation strategies, challenges, and lessons learned since the deployment first began in January.
• The annual conference of the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) is taking place August 16-19 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC.
• The companies will be jointly exhibiting at combined booth spaces 2236, 2238 and 2137. To schedule a meeting at APCO with executives involved in the JerseyNet project, please contact Mutualink@rainierco.com.
About Hughes Network Systems
Hughes Network Systems, LLC (Hughes) is the global leader in satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative solutions and a comprehensive suite of HughesON managed services for enterprises and governments worldwide. HughesNet is the #1 high-speed satellite Internet service in the marketplace, with offerings to suit every budget. To date, Hughes has shipped more than 4.8 million systems to customers in over 100 countries, representing approximately 50 percent market share. Its products employ global standards approved by the TIA, ETSI and ITU organizations, including IPoS/DVB-S2, RSM-A, and GMR-1.
Headquartered outside Washington, D.C., in Germantown, Maryland, USA, Hughes operates sales and support offices worldwide, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS), a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions. For additional information about Hughes, please visit www.hughes.com.
Mutualink, Inc. has developed an interoperable communications platform that enables community-wide multimedia sharing of radio, voice, text, video, data files and telephone communications in a secure environment. Mutualink’s system is currently deployed by hundreds of public and private entities worldwide, including homeland security and defense installations, NATO Special Operations Forces, police and fire departments, transit authorities, hospitals, schools, universities, shopping malls, casinos, and more. Mutualink is a privately-held company headquartered in Wallingford, Conn., with R&D facilities in Westford, Mass. and Mayagüez, Puerto Rico, and Defense Services office near Washington, DC. For more information please visit www.mutualink.net.
About Oceus Networks
Oceus Networks Inc., a solutions company, provides agile and innovative mobile technologies that enable secure, high-speed communications to customers leveraging the latest in standards-based commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) technology. We provide products and solutions at best value to enable success for our customers’ unique missions. Privately U.S.-owned and operated, Oceus Networks’ headquarters are located in Reston, Virginia. Visit www.oceusnetworks.com to learn more.
About PMC Associates
PMC Associates is a mission-critical communications integrator that has been family-owned and operated since 1988. The company provides innovative and cost effective solutions to the Public Safety, Education, Transportation, and Utility sectors. For more information, visit www.PMC-Wireless.com.
Beth Clay, Mutualink, Inc.
Sherina Man, Oceus Networks